Deburring is a finishing process used for metal parts that have been machined, fabricated, welded or cast. These processes leave residue (or scale) and imperfections (or burrs) on the metal surface that must be removed in order for the part to be used. Imperfections and raised edges can prevent parts from fitting properly or can cause machinery to break down. Residue can prevent proper seals between parts.
Deburring machines use shot, sand or high pressure air blasts to remove the residue and burrs, leaving clean, smooth metal parts. The choice of media for the deburring is determined by the type of burrs and the tolerances required for the final part. Shot and sand are used for overall cleaning, while air blast deburring is used for precise removal of burrs.
Engineered Abrasives’ custom shot peening and deburring machines are designed to meet your exact application needs. We offer a full line of machinery with a wide range of abrasive media. Our engineering staff will help you select the best media and deburring process for your finishing requirements and design a custom deburring machine to meet your needs.
Features of our custom line of deburring machinery include:
- Full range of equipment design, including indexing units, single cell units, conveyor units or CNC machinery. Engineered Abrasives’ flexible machinery design allows for efficient burr removal over the entire part, within tight tolerances.
- Suction type or pressure machinery designs.
- Wide range of media, including steel shot, cut wire, soft shot, plastic bead, glass bead or ceramic bead. This allows for precise deburring that will not pit or damage the surface.
- Flexible loading and unloading mechanisms.
- Adjustable media feed and air pressure, with monitors to control the media flows.
- Custom designs can accommodate aluminum, steel forgings and machine parts.
Engineered Abrasives’ custom deburring machines are designed and manufactured to meet the most stringent performance requirements. You can be sure that parts finished in our deburring machines will assemble easily and within your production tolerances. Our knowledgeable, skilled staff will make sure that your custom equipment will provide the performance you require.
Steel Shot Indexing Machines
A patented index machine is a rotary table machine with a determined number of index stops or stations. Parts are loaded at each station every 60 degrees on table (ie. 6-station).
Plastic Media Conveyor
Patented continuous conveyor with 360 degree rotating head. Parts are placed on a variable speed continuous moving conveyor belt. (3/8” dia. Manganese wire mesh belt.) Parts enter the blasting chamber where they are moved under the blasting nozzles at a constant speed. The blasting nozzles consist of a patented 360-degree rotating head with multable nozzles attached.
Plastic Media Index
Plastic media is used to remove burrs from holes and burrs created when a part is machined. A plastic media index machine is a rotary table machine with a determined number of index stops or stations, with parts loaded at each station (ie. 6-station) parts are every 60 degrees on table. This machine is used for high volume part production.
Contact one of our sales representatives today
to inquire about a quote for Deburring Machines
or call us today at 708-389-9700